• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems using lcd tv as pc monitor

bokkie

Standard Member
Hi all. I have just received a dvi-hdmi cable and audio jack so that I can watch movies on my pc through my toshiba 37xv505d.
However, when i plugged it all in, all I get on the hdmi is a blue screen. When I scroll through the different input options I find the sound, but I get no picture at all. I have a GEForce 7300 LE Graphics card, and I am running on windows vista.Is it a graphics card compatability issue?
Can anybody please point me in the right direction? I've got about 4 episodes of Prison Break to catch up with on sky catchup, And can't watch them in the comfort of my sofa.
Thanks for your help

Bokkie

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed.
Then try switching the PC off, putting the TV on and selecting the appropriate input source in its menu, then finally boot up the PC.
Hopefully the PC should autodetect what it's connected to.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

un1eash

Distinguished Member
What resolution are you using? Could it be the 7300 isnt HDCP compliant.

bokkie

Standard Member
I didn't alter my resolution, just left it as it was. I tried to update driver in the settings but says I alreday have the latest version. If it is not HDCP compliant what can I do. It is only a 1 year old PC so I hope it is up to the job.
Thx guys

MikeK

Try setting your graphics card for 1280x720 at 60Hz first (you can switch to 50Hz for Sky stuff later, once it's all working)

Also make sure the second monitor is enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel!

keypepper

Standard Member
Try setting your graphics card for 1280x720 at 60Hz first (you can switch to 50Hz for Sky stuff later, once it's all working)

Also make sure the second monitor is enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel!
i agree with all that, i'm running mine via DVI and have to change the resolution everytime. Its a pain.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom