Problems using EAC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Matty, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Matty

Matty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

i've tried to use EAC for ripping CD's to lossless WAV but the song info is coming out a bit messed up - the file is in a single string i.e. Beatles - Number Ones - All you need is love rather than identifying the title, artist and album differently.

in EAC it orders it fine but in other players like WINAMP, itunes or WMP it doesnt recognise the detail.

I've setup EAC as per the (limited) instructions to put the files into directories for artist & album, is that the problem? should I just leave the files in native format in one great big directory and let the sorting by album \ artist happen at the encoding \ library stage?

thanks!

2. amcluesent

amcluesent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
  3. r@mside

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
  4. Matty

Matty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did try that but FLAC just copied over the dodgy settings.....and I really need AAC or MP3 format for my nano.

Right now i'm trying Media Monkey on Insane\320kbps setting to see if that works better.

5. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    flac is just compressed wav with metadata thrown in. you can still further compress the flac into mp3 or aac with no addition data loss as flac itself is a lossless format. there really is no need to be ripping to wave