• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems upgrading LNB

TechNut

Standard Member
Hi, I have just upgraded the LNB on my minidish from single to quad, i have two freesat boxes a SD box & HD box
I have connected my SD box back up to the new LNB and it works fine (all channels recieved) but when i swap it for my HD box some channels dont work properly i.e the channels are found when i retune the box but i dont get a picture or sound.
The channels in question:
Zone Thriller,Zone Reality,CNN,Bloomberg and a few more.

My Signal Strength is about 70% on these channels.

Why does my SD box get these channels but my HD box refuses to?

Please Help :confused:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi, I have just upgraded the LNB on my minidish from single to quad, i have two freesat boxes a SD box & HD box
I have connected my SD box back up to the new LNB and it works fine (all channels recieved) but when i swap it for my HD box some channels dont work properly i.e the channels are found when i retune the box but i dont get a picture or sound.
The channels in question:
Zone Thriller,Zone Reality,CNN,Bloomberg and a few more.

My Signal Strength is about 70% on these channels.

Why does my SD box get these channels but my HD box refuses to?

Please Help :confused:

A quad lnb is heavier than a single and in some cases the slight extra sag in the lnb arm needs to be corrected by a very tiny nudge up in dish elevation

Delh68

Established Member
I thought that but using the same lnb the other box gets those channels

Some boxes have more sensitive tuners than others ~ I have an SD box that gets a signal on some channels that my HD box cannot 'see':eek:

If you 'nudge' the lnb, as suggested in all likelyhood your HD box will start getting those channels, & the SD will still see them as well.

Delh68

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom