Problems switching from Sky BB to Orange BB

ccfcboy1927

Standard Member
I am trying to move from SkyBroadband to Orange broadband and its proving quite problematic. I recall having a letter from Sky sometime ago explaining that they were using unbundling (LLU) technology. I also recall the letter stated that if I wanted to go back onto BT line then sky would simply place me back.

I have phoned Orange and thay say I would have to pay a charge and sky are saying Orange can take my services and its not sky's responsibility.

Isnt this supposed to be a straightforward process? Are sky breaching Ofcoms guidelines? What do I need to do to resolve this?

Miss Chief

Sounds like Sky have moved you onto their own network called 'SVBN'. This means they're removed you completely from any BT equipment, services or networks and you're exclusively dealt with by Sky. This also means if you move suppliers then the line needs to be ceased completely and re-provisioned by the new provider which can take a few weeks. Often this carries a charge which is possibly what Orange are alluding to. Sky are strictly correct in that it isn't their responsibility. They're not the ones charging you!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom