• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems since moving to ADSL....!!!!!!!!!

Ned Senior

Hey all :hiya: :)
I was with virgin for pretty much ten years up untill September 08 when I moved to o2 as surfing speeds were useless of an evening even tho' I had not downloaded anything just streamed maybe 6 or 7 youtube clips and listening to iTunes radio or winamp radio...
Since going to o2 my computer has been attacked and rendered all but useless once (taking hours to restore) and now today I noticed that the hard drive was whirring away as if a scan was going on or data was being read akin to what you get with google chrome (there are some believers!!!)
I know it seems paranoid but I just wondered are there others who have jumped from cable and then found they were constantly under attack as if the BT network (cabling) was being bot scanned for computers which were then interogated for info
My credit card was scammed week B4 xmas too for the first time ever and have been shopping online since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!

Your thoughts from similar experience would be most welcome as I am considering going back to virgin even though it Irks me to do so and pay their extortionate fees

Thanks

Ned

accyuklad

Banned
i not had any problems apart from i had a call from my bank saying someone in uk on virgin network as been on my online bank account and got blocked straight away and told them im on o2 so i not a clue how the person got my details but nowt since dont know if its because i went on a site that was fake as there is a few fake sites of bank ones etc and paypal

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom