• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems signing up with Virgin

Kafeen

Standard Member
Hi,

I've just bought myself a new house and I'm in the process of moving into there from my parents place.

I've used Virgin (and before that NTL and Comcast) at my parents and was happy with the service so I signed up to get it installed in my new house where the previous owners had used BT and Sky.

I signed up online last week and asked for it to be installed today. I'm at work at the moment so my mother was waiting there since 8am this morning for them to come and install everything. They never turned up. She rang me to get their number. Looking through their New Customer FAQ I saw I should have received a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours or signing up. I didn't.

Anyway, I found their phone number for my mam and got her to ring them from home. They said they have no records of anything being ordered for that address today and refused to go into any details without the password for my account. As far as I know I've never received a password or setup any account with them, the one I use at my parents place is in their name, not mine.

Everything from that makes it look like the transaction never went through. Except, I signed up for VM through Quidco and when I checked a few days ago £65 cashback from Virginmedia had been verified. I haven't yet been able to check my bank account to see if any money has been taken yet. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do.

:lease:

NiggyG

Established Member
Hi,

I've just bought myself a new house and I'm in the process of moving into there from my parents place.

I've used Virgin (and before that NTL and Comcast) at my parents and was happy with the service so I signed up to get it installed in my new house where the previous owners had used BT and Sky.

I signed up online last week and asked for it to be installed today. I'm at work at the moment so my mother was waiting there since 8am this morning for them to come and install everything. They never turned up. She rang me to get their number. Looking through their New Customer FAQ I saw I should have received a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours or signing up. I didn't.

Anyway, I found their phone number for my mam and got her to ring them from home. They said they have no records of anything being ordered for that address today and refused to go into any details without the password for my account. As far as I know I've never received a password or setup any account with them, the one I use at my parents place is in their name, not mine.

Everything from that makes it look like the transaction never went through. Except, I signed up for VM through Quidco and when I checked a few days ago £65 cashback from Virginmedia had been verified. I haven't yet been able to check my bank account to see if any money has been taken yet. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do.

:lease:

If they have no record of it then if any money goes out that will lead back to a record. Of course this won't help short term. You could start the whole procedure again?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom