Problems setting up Octava HDS5 HDMI switch

amjbrown

Standard Member
I set my new equipment up this weekend, and generally all went very well. However, I had a problem getting Smart Scan to work on the devices I am using the HDS5 to share HDMI2 on my Sony Bravia.

I want the switch to select between:
- Apple TV
- Sony Blu-ray player
- Oppo DVD 981 HD

The Blu-ray player works fine. When I turn it on (using a Harmony One remote), the HDS5 twinkles like a Christmas tree, before settling down on the 2nd input - where the Blu-ray player is.

The other two are not so friendly. Whenever I bring them out of standby, the HDS5 goes through its routine, before all lights go out. I have to press PowerToggle twice, then manually select the input channel.

I have tried putting the AppleTV on input one (I know it has a reputation as a bully in the HDMI switching world, swapping the Oppo and Apple TV inputs, and leaving the Apple TV out of the loop altogether,

I can programme the sequence of commands into my Harmony One - but it is not very smart, and if possible I would like it to work as planned. If I have to kludge it, I just know the day it gets confused and stops working I will be away, and it will my my fault fractious kids cannot be pacified with the TV!

Has anyone had any similar problems with these pieces of equipment, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alastair

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello amjbrown

As Discussed try Input 01 on the TV and also try disabling SMART Scan when your using the Harmony.

If your still having problems I'll ship out an alternate Firmware for the switch.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom