Problems setting up Freesat

CharlieA1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

perhaps somebody can help with my problem! First off I'm a complete novice when it comes to satellite TV I've only ever used cable or inbuilt Freeview. With that in mind, I've just moved into a new house where the previous ownesr had Sky. The dish is still in place, so great thinks I, I'll buy a Freesat box and away I go. So I bought myself a Goodmans GFSAT100SD Freesat box and an F type connector for the cable that's lying on the floor in the front room, connector to cable, cable to box, scart to tv, turn on and............Nothing :mad: No auto signal detect screens, nothing, just the 'Enter postcode' screen and then zip, zero, zilch, so, any ideas as to what the problem might be?! :lease:

Thanks very much

Are you sure that none of the outer braid is not touching the centre pin of the F connector. It seems somewhat strange that the previous owner would remove an F connector.

Are you sure that none of the outer braid is not touching the centre pin of the F connector. It seems somewhat strange that the previous owner would remove an F connector.

Perhaps the LNB cable was simply "yanked" out of the satellite box rather than unscrewing the connector when the original owner moved out.

Graham.

Hi all,

perhaps somebody can help with my problem! First off I'm a complete novice when it comes to satellite TV I've only ever used cable or inbuilt Freeview. With that in mind, I've just moved into a new house where the previous ownesr had Sky. The dish is still in place, so great thinks I, I'll buy a Freesat box and away I go. So I bought myself a Goodmans GFSAT100SD Freesat box and an F type connector for the cable that's lying on the floor in the front room, connector to cable, cable to box, scart to tv, turn on and............Nothing :mad: No auto signal detect screens, nothing, just the 'Enter postcode' screen and then zip, zero, zilch, so, any ideas as to what the problem might be?! :lease:

Thanks very much

Did you check that the dish is pointing the right direction (comparing to neighbours) and that cable connection are OK visually at least?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom