Problems setting up 895 for HDMI

colin45

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to set up my Harmony 895 to simply turn on the Sky HD and the TV It turns both on and off OK but I cannot get it to go to the HDMI input anybody got any ideas I am new to all this so please try and keep it simple

it depends on what tv u have , some dont have discrete codes to directly select the correct input

Does the "Help" button fix the problem? If so, try inreasing the "Power on delay" for the TV.

Also, go to "Adjust inputs" for the TV device and answer all the questions carefully.

destix said:
it depends on what tv u have , some dont have discrete codes to directly select the correct input

The TV is a Sony X46 the problem is that when I turn the TV on using the Sony remote I have to change the Input to get the HDMI channel it does not open on the correct Input does these mean that I should transfer the Input button to the 895 and do it manually after switching on the TV

czzer said:
Does the "Help" button fix the problem? If so, try inreasing the "Power on delay" for the TV.

Also, go to "Adjust inputs" for the TV device and answer all the questions carefully.

The Help button does not help, I have tried the Adjust inputs but it does not seem to go to AV5 where I think that the HDMI input is but the Sony remote does not either

So how, exactly, do you select the HDMI input with the original remote? Is it a seperate button to the rest of the inputs?

czzer said:
So how, exactly, do you select the HDMI input with the original remote? Is it a seperate button to the rest of the inputs?

If I use the Sony remote I have to use the "input select" button If I us the Sky remote I have to come out of Sky and then press the help button (I have to go out now and will not be back till late this afternoon but thanks for any help that you can give me)

Is the "input select" button a different button to the one that selects the non HDMI inputs?

Some TVs don't go automatically to the HDMI viewing screen when Sky HD is turned on. (Similar to composite connections in relation to SCART)

czzer said:
Is the "input select" button a different button to the one that selects the non HDMI inputs?

The "input select" button goes throght the AV inputs until I find the one that as HDMI on it

Sorry, but I'm not really following what your exact problem is...your answers/descriptions are all a bit brief. It sounds like with all your other inputs the TV auto-selects, but it doesn't for HDMI??

It might be easier if you just give tech support a call. It's easier to describe things to them than type things to us! They're also very good to deal with.

Hi colin45,

I got exately the same problem with my samsung plasma PS42-S5H, I can not get my Harmony 525 to toggle my AV input selector to HDMI, when I switch on the TV.

The TV switch on correctly, but the Harmony will not toggle th AV selector into HDMI, any chance you could tell me what you did to solve this?

br mtolesen

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom