Problems ripping CDs to mp3

Lord Bob

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems adding new tracks to my mp3 player and could use some advice. I have a cheap little Victure M3 player and have been happily ripping CDs, usually with Windows Media Player, on my laptop and sending them to a micro SD card. Recently I've found that the player can't detect the new files, though everything else I've put the card into can detect them and play them. I've even tried replacing the MP3 player with a different one, but the new tracks still aren't showing up. I'm stuck and could use some pointers as to what might be going wrong.
UPDATE: I've tried ripping the tracks as wav files instead of mp3, and used NCH Ripper instead of Media Player. No difference.

Last edited:
A detail I forgot to mention is that there are exactly 4000 tracks detected on the sd card by both players. It's been suggested to me that the players might have this set as their limit, no matter what size of memory card is installed. I think this is a likely explanation.

According to the spec for the player:

28GB EXTERNAL MEMORY - 8/16GB wearable storage and expandable up to 128GB Micro SD Card( NOT INCLUDED), which allows you enjoying music up to 8000; You can carry your music collection and favorite podcasts or audiobooks anywhere.

According to the spec for the player:

28GB EXTERNAL MEMORY - 8/16GB wearable storage and expandable up to 128GB Micro SD Card( NOT INCLUDED), which allows you enjoying music up to 8000; You can carry your music collection and favorite podcasts or audiobooks anywhere.
Thanks, that's really useful. I've been to the Victure website and interestingly their other model, the M5, does quote a 4000 limit. I've sent an email to the company asking if there is a 4000 track limit on the M3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom