Problems registering new PAYG phone on Orange.

V

Vorthal

This is my first phone, so I'm new to this.
Just bought a Sony Ericsson K800i from the Carphone warehouse. The phone is on Orange PAYG and has Orange branding.

On the receipt I received, my mobile number is on the receipt. Upon unboxing the phone and looking through the "Getting Started" guides etc, it tells me I must register the phone/SIM with Orange to get benefits such as Magic Numbers etc. It directs me to www.orange.co.uk/payasyougoreg

I've gone to this, entered my number in the field, it then told me I'd sent a text containing a 4 digit ID-number that it then wanted me to enter in the box. Waited about 5 minutes.. no text, so I got it resent (this page said it could take upto 10 minutes). 2 hours later, still no text.

So, I restarted the process on the site, but this time I said I didn't have a number. It wanted me to enter the number on the back of my SIM card.. which I did. When I pressed next, the page I was presented with was the same as before where it says It's sent the text containing my ID number. Haven't received it whatsoever.

I have had a couple of texts off Orange saying that my services have been modified and I should reboot the phone, which I have.. but I'm currently stuck on step 2/4 of the registration until I get this ID number; and I'm unable to set up Magic Numbers without it.

Anyone able to advise me what I should do?
Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom