Problems recording on Sony RDR-GX210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by platham3574, Mar 15, 2006.

1. platham3574

platham3574

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I bought the above DVD recorder a couple of months ago now, with a view to archiving some documentaries from Sky +.

The problem I am having is that one of the featured of this recorder is to record in a mode called DVD-VR , This allows you to do some editing after the program has recorded, such as if you want to remove the adverts etc.

In fact this is what I wanted to do, record to martial art documenteries on one disc and edit out the adverts. The first two sets of advert seem to edit out fine, the problem occurs when you edit out 4 or 5 scenes. It is if the disc becomes fragmented and starts to freeze and you have to turn the player off and back on again and start the process again.

I found the best way to do it, was to fast forward and delete the last set of adverts first and then work backwards, tyhis works, but when you playback the disc the player just freezes. I have recorded something in DVD-R on my PC upstairs and this played back fine on the player. It also plays shop bought discs no problem.

Am I doing anything wrong? PLEASE HELP :
    :lease:

2. gwailo

gwailo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I achieved this fine using Memorex -RW's . I edited out all adverts from a film I recorded off TV , which would be about 7 segments . Looks like you might want to change discs.