Problems recording freeview channels on Pioneer 420

C

Canes

Hi

I have just got a Pioneer 420, and have been busy trying to connect it up to as many channels as possible. I have connected the recorder to the tv, which has an internal digital tuner which is fully tuned and picks up all the freeview channels. The smartlink connection has been made, but when I search for channels on the recorder, it only picks up the analogue channels despite the fact that around 80 channels or so were apparently downloaded via smartlink. Where have they gone! Is there a trick for getting it to recognise all the digital channels?

If not, is there a way of getting the recorder to record whatever is on screen? I've tried playing around with the connections but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer - it is gratefully received.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The 80 channels weren't downloaded via smartlink.
To record a Freeview channel you need to find out which scart socket on your TV outputs the Freeview signal (consult your TVs user manual) and connect that to the AV2 input on your DVDR.
You need to select the AV2 input on your DVDR as your source for recording...bearing in mind that you need to keep the TV on and you cannot watch one Freeview channel and record a different one...that is the main drawback when it comes to recording from an IDTV...far better to buy a cheap Freeview box connect it to your DVDRs input and record from that while watching a different channel from your TVs tuner.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom