Problems recording BBC HD

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by surfprof, Jan 24, 2008.

1. surfprof

surfprof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Twice this week I've set the box to record from BBC HD, (Messiah and Torchwood) only to notice that it doesn't start recording. Then when I've switched to the channel I've had the "no satellite signal is being received" message.

Both times, I quickly switched to normal BBC1and 2 to record the programmes. Whilst they were recording though, I then got the same "no signal" message on every other satellite channel. BBC1 and 2 were viewable and recording fine, but no other channels were available until the recording stopped.

What's all that about??:confused:

2. Upholder

Upholder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Put the box into standby mode. Leave it for 5 minutes then turn it off completely. Give it 5 more minutes then turn it back on...

When you get access to Sky Guide check your recordings and series links are as they should be.

It works for me..

3. gblades

gblades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Have you checked the signal level on both the inputs. (option 4 then 6). Maybe one of them has a very poor signal.
    If one does then try swapping the cables to see if it is the box which is the problem.