Problems, problems, problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by grohan, Jan 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. grohan

grohan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so maybe not the right thread but lets give it a go.

I've got the my new :rotfl: :clap: 350 and 137, not allowed to set up yet as building work about to start including the room with the new kit, ( maybe i should take pics as it goes along ) anyway i have been told:lesson: by the boss indoors that the front l/r and centre have to be in wall, ( why did i spend so much on the kit ) has anbody heard the amina AIW5 In-Wall Loudspeaker ( looks too good to be true ) is it musical enough? what does anyone think the sound reproduction will be like ? help i need some support here.

2. push

push

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Haven't heard about them, but have recently read about the PMC on-wall & in-wall speakers. Got a good write-up, but obviously, haven't heard them myself to comment on performance, etc.

Quick search and found a few links:
    http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/253993.html
    http://www.thebaj.com/npf/pmc_2006_07.htm

Can't find them to buy anywhere though so maybe a dealer here will know more.

Did a hunt on those you mentioned - they look pretty funky and I would certainly love to hear them. Having your wall actually be the source of sound would be pretty impressive. I can't see how they would make the most of your new expensive kit. Not sure how it would function in a 5.1/7.1 setup though ... you'd still need a sub for the .1. Still, that can be easily disguised as a table for your favourite pot plant :D

Are you sure "she who must be obeyed" can't be swayed by some of the better looking speaker setups?

3. grohan

grohan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe i need to expand some more ( like my wall possibly ), Not got enough room for floor standing in the new tv position, hence invisible:rolleyes: speakers, can,t quite believe the hype though. could i get some decent units ( at the rear of the room ) and use the two spare channels for me muzak, sorry just thinking out loud:oops:

4. dj-dulux

dj-dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I heard them at Cedia last year, I would use them for background music or possible surround for a very demanding customer that refuses to compromise and refused normal flush mounts. But don't believe that they up to LCR duties in a system of the level you are after. If you want the finest in wall speakers, GENELEC, they very good and have models now for smaller rooms. PM if you want more info.