Problems... please help me?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danny-p, Dec 27, 2003.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Ive just purchased a panasonic E50 dvd recorder and am having problems.
    My use of this recorder is to copy sky+ data (music video's) and edit on my pc.
    The recorder burns sky+ ok but its fuzzy around text and theres no sound?(just to add watching sky through the e50 is fuzzy around text also?)
    Ive got sky+/games consoles and panny e50 recorder going to a s-video source selector and the selectors s-video output is going to panny4 series plasma directly.
    Ive used scart to scart from sky+ to e50 and s-video from e50 to source selector and picture is fuzzy around text.....what am i doing wrong?
    Also using dig-optical from e50 to amp and still no sound?
    When i installed the e50 the machine couldnt find any channels so i put it down to not having a tv tuner as i,m just using sky+.
    Id really apreciate some advice from anyone please.
    Thanks for your time.
    Danny

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You're recording a composite signal from sky by the sound of it.

Connect the sky+ TV out to the E50 AV2 and set both to RGB in their setup menus. This gives the best recording quality.

Alternatively connect the sky+ svideo out (+ audio) to the E50 AV4.

Don't connect the Sky+ VCR out to the E50. This only gives you composite, hence the fuzzy text.

Not sure about why you get no sound.

3. hotmetal

hotmetal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with the last answer. I have svideo connected from the sky+ to my E60 as well as the RGB scart. I did have a problem with the sound which I found it to be a dodgy scart that need to be rammed hard into the sky box to get it to work. Using svideo the sound is connected through phono lead to the panny

4. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bobbones,
    Thanks a million mate i did exactly as you stated and it worked perfectly picture wise!!!!
    On investigation on the sound issue i had connected the dig/optical to the tv/sat output not the imput (DOH!!) on the back of my amp!!!
    Now everything works/records as it should in perfect quality......Thanks again and now time for the P.C editing part..lol

Danny

5. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Hotmetal also for the reply!!!