• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems playing DVDs through my Sony KDL-46EX503 46 Inch TV

alicat2010

Standard Member
I bought this TV in February and generally love it - however, I'm using a Sony Bluray player and all DVDs (bluray and normal) play back in 'widescreen' look i.e. with a black band top and bottom. I've tried changing the screen view but nothing alters it........... any thoughts/suggestions please (photo attached)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 989

t1m103

they are being played back as the director intended them to be seen,its quite normal.

alicat2010

Standard Member
but it seems a 'waste' of a 46" screen and distracting for it not to be filled.......... and it's every single DVD - is there any way around it?

NX3

You can use the zoom or smart button ? it would make the picture distort but it can be made to fill the screen. If the set won't let you then it might be because you using hdmi. Using an old analogue input method like scart would let you. Try it out on one of the channels like Dave which or viva.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom