Problems outputting surround coded audio

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Duncana, Mar 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Duncana

Duncana
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently replaced my old Viera TV with a new one and have introduced a delay into the processing between my Bluray recorder and TV.

Setup:
    DMR-BWT800 connected to:
    Yamaha DSP-AX759SE using digital coax
    Old TV TH-37PV500B using HDMI
    New TV TX-L47DT65 using HDMI

Since swapping the TVs I now have a delay, I assume on the signal path in the new Viera, that has led to lip sync problems. From reading here I cannot do anything about it except add a delay to the audio path through my amp. I do not think it will support this. Is thre anything else I can do? Maybe speed up the video processing through the TV? I am currently in a situation where I have upgraded from an old Viera to a new one and have reduced my experience as I cannot watch recorded content with surround on. Note if I leave the TV sound on it is synced to the video. If I add audio from my surround setup I get an echo due to the audio sync problems. ie this is not just me imagining a lip sync problem.

Assuming I cannot rectify this I though of another option - output the surround encoded audio from the TV to the amp. I can output broadcast HD TV audio over digital optical to my Yamaha and it sees it as surround encoded but if I input from the Bluray to the TV, the TV will only output as stereo. Maybe I have something mis-configured. I am unsure what the audio received over HDMI is encoded as. Can I tell somehow? Should the TV be capable of receiving surround encoded audio on the HDMI and passing it back out on the digital optical?

Thanks in advance

Duncan

2. iaint

iaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi.
    Maybe an option in the bluray player audio setup menu, to add the delay there?
    --
    Regards, Iain.