1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems outputting footage back to DV camera

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by sraper, Mar 19, 2002.

1. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Ooops I posted the following in another group by mistake so here it is again.
    Hi,

I have had a panasonic NV-DS38 for sometime. However yesterday, for the 1st time I tried to copy back some DV footage. I currently have a copy of MGI Videowave 4 and also a package called scenalyzer. However using both of these resulted in some very dodgy footage on the camera. It kept pixellating (not a great deal, but enough to ruin the footage) also the audio indicator in the viewfinder kept flickering between 12bit and 16bit!!!!!!!

I have tried copying back clips that had only just been copied from the camera and even they didn't work???

Anyone have any ideas!!!!!!

More info:

I have an AMD 1.4MHz, 60Gb hard disk and 512Mb of memory so the computer should be fine. I had a quick look around and one possible problem might be due to shared IRQ. However I am using Win2k and the there is no way of changing the IRQ setting. At the moment just about every man and his dog is using IRQ 9.

Help!!

2. pug

pug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there

i had a similar problem but it was that my audio kept cutting out intermittently. i use pinnacle studio dv and was stumped for a while as my computer is easily capable! there are various things you can do to speed up your comp, degrag and scandisk, also from your desktop use ctrl, alt, delete and end all taks other than explorer and systray and your editing program.

however all these still didn't help. try enabling your DMA (direct memory access). go to system in control panel and in there you will find a listing for disk drives, open it and you will see generic IDE disk type. go into this and tick the box next to enable DMA. this worked for me and shouldn't affect your comp in any other way

good luck!

3. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107

Not under Win2k. There are no options for DMA settings! Or indeed anything but "Write Cache". :(

4. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If all else fails, invest in Pinnacle Studio 7, - the best amatuer video capture/editing programme at present. I have the Panasonic NV-DS38B and have had no problems at all with this programme. transferring back to DV, - to VHS, and burning VCD and SVCD (via TMPGenc, - superior codec to the Pinnacle one)
    Am starting to hear bad reports about MGI Videowave on other forums.
    Alan.