Problems ordering maps for 310

rlisanti

Standard Member
Hi,

I've just bought a Garmin Nuvi 310 from Amazon. It came pre-loaded with the maps for UK and Ireland.
I now want to buy and add the maps for North America.

Went to the Garmin web site to 'Purchase an Additional Region' and entered my serial number. When I click continue I get the following message:

There are no MapSource products with regions available for you to purchase for the GPS unit serial number you have entered (i.e., you have already unlocked all the regions for all the MapSource products for the unit with this serial number).

I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it means i.e. that I can only use the device in the UK. The product spec and manual says that you can add more maps but I can't even go through the on-line procedure to order the disk.

Has anybody else had this problem? It's a great little device but if I'm being restricted on where I can use it (unlike the TomTom's I've owned) then it will go right back to Amazon and get 1-star rating.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom