Problems naming TV show

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had a PCH for a while now and using the built in NMJ on the A-210
I have recently put scooby doo mystery incorporated on it and the PCH won't see it as a TV series.
I have put a NFO file with the series location on TV database but it won't list the episodes.

TVDB link:
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season 1 Episode List
Name of first show:
Scooby.Doo!.Mystery.Incorporated.(2010).S01E02-The Creeping Creatures

I have tried with and without the ! and the year and it still doesnt like it.

I have no idea if this works on the PCH but have you tried using the series ID rather than series name for the series, ie from thetvdb url for the series
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=174681&seasonid=276571&lid=7
try - season&seriesid=174681 or seasonid=276571

Mark.

I have no idea if this works on the PCH but have you tried using the series ID rather than series name for the series, ie from thetvdb url for the series
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=174681&seasonid=276571&lid=7
try - season&seriesid=174681 or seasonid=276571

Mark.

It's currently //thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=174681&seasonid=276571&id=2463391&lid=7
for episode 1

Last edited:
If you are using NFO files then you should always specify the main series URL not the season URLs so for your it would be

"http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=174681&lid=7"

The seasons/episodes are irrelevant as the scanner gets this information from the filename 'SxxExx'. TheTVDB when queries returns ALL results for every season & episode in a series.

From developing NMJToolbox & NMJToolbox2 I have found that the TVDB API has some quirks and doesn't find things that are in the database but seem perfectly correct to us.

If all else fails you can add using NMJToolbox :)

Still not working :-(, the .nfo file is called the name of the first show:

Scooby.Doo.Mystery.Incorporated.2010.S01E01-Beware The Beast From Below.nfo

Does this look right?

I think I did try NMTtoolbox once but couldnt get it to work.

If you are using NFO files then you should always specify the main series URL not the season URLs so for your it would be

"http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=174681&lid=7"

The seasons/episodes are irrelevant as the scanner gets this information from the filename 'SxxExx'. TheTVDB when queries returns ALL results for every season & episode in a series.

From developing NMJToolbox & NMJToolbox2 I have found that the TVDB API has some quirks and doesn't find things that are in the database but seem perfectly correct to us.

If all else fails you can add using NMJToolbox :)

Last edited:
Yes it should be named the same as the first episode in the first season and placed in the first season folder.

As to NMJToolbox not working, what error did you have? Its been pretty stable for over a year with approx 1500 users so I'm sure if there was a major bug someone would have shouted out :)

Yes it should be named the same as the first episode in the first season and placed in the first season folder.

As to NMJToolbox not working, what error did you have? Its been pretty stable for over a year with approx 1500 users so I'm sure if there was a major bug someone would have shouted out :)

Ive got NMJtoolbox running now, just trying to figure how to use it.

The main points to remember with NMJT is to get the PCH drive (or your shared drive where the media.db is) mapped to a drive letter in windows.

Open NMJT and it should automatically try to find the correct drive mapping for the 'Actual NMT drive' combo at the top. If it finds it then you're cooking with gas. If not then you can manually override the drive letter but be aware that you may set it wrong and items may be saved incorrectly (cover are, paths for adding new titles etc).

If you have any questions just shout up, most of the other features are pretty self explanatory.

The main points to remember with NMJT is to get the PCH drive (or your shared drive where the media.db is) mapped to a drive letter in windows.

Open NMJT and it should automatically try to find the correct drive mapping for the 'Actual NMT drive' combo at the top. If it finds it then you're cooking with gas. If not then you can manually override the drive letter but be aware that you may set it wrong and items may be saved incorrectly (cover are, paths for adding new titles etc).

If you have any questions just shout up, most of the other features are pretty self explanatory.

I've got all the media showing but can't work out how to sort these scooby doo out, there is no box for tv database name.

Last edited:
Highlight the line in the grid and click the 'Edit' button.

I'm doing a full rescan of the media and will go from there.

The Scooby doo is the only one I can't get to work, I have series of Doctor Who that are in series but Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated ian't bein seen as a series. :mad:

Screenshot attched with Scooby Doo folder, I've shortened names to Scooby Doo (2010), how do know the exact name for the show, I've tried all different names with no luck.

Attachments

• scooby.jpg
    scooby.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
The filenames look fine to me. Once scanned you should open the DB in NMJT and in the Video tab find the scooby entries, highlight one, select edit and in there you can change the type to a 'TV' entry rather than a Movie. I have to admit, I haven't used NMJT v1 for quite a while as I have been busy with NMJT2 for the 300 series (which is a totally different DB structure and different user interface in my application).

Highlight the line in the grid and click the 'Edit' button.

That had edit for IMDB tt number but not TV database number

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Just tested for the series you want and though it is in TheTVDB, the series does not return any results! However, I did manage it.

Highlight the Video in the grid.
Change the type dropdown from Movie to TV Show
Click OK
Click Edit again (its a bug I need to fix)
Now, in the Title type 'incorporated'
Change the option at the bottom from 'IMDB' to 'Title' and click the TVDB button.

It should give you a list of 2 scooby-doo series, select the right one and click OK.

That should get the first episode into the DB as a TV show with all the correct details.

Sometimes it is easier to delete the entries and add the TV show from within NMJToolbox.

As in this case you will have to add all subsequent episodes to the new season you have created.

Rom said:
Just tested for the series you want and though it is in TheTVDB, the series does not return any results! However, I did manage it.

Highlight the Video in the grid.
Change the type dropdown from Movie to TV Show
Click OK
Click Edit again (its a bug I need to fix)
Now, in the Title type 'incorporated'
Change the option at the bottom from 'IMDB' to 'Title' and click the TVDB button.

It should give you a list of 2 scooby-doo series, select the right one and click OK.

That should get the first episode into the DB as a TV show with all the correct details.

When I select TVDB it comes up with 'The TVDB returned an exception whilst getting initial details.

This means it found no match, you either didn't type in incorporated correctly or didn't select 'title' in the bottom left of the edit witndow before clicking the button.

You could always use the correct IMDB id in the edit window: tt1660055
Then make sure the correct radio option is selected (TTID) and click TVDB button again. If you get an error that time then it is certainly something that you have missed as it works fine here as I have tried it.

I have got NMJT to see the series now, I removed all title and just put in incorporated and it has seen the series, thanks.

Does that mean I can have a Scooby Snack now? :)

Glad you got it sorted.

FYI, the TVDB only returns the correct TV show when you have it called 'Scooby-Doo' (with a hyphen) otherwise it returns no results.

Can I update my library now using NMJ to tidy it up or will this mess them up again?

Does that mean I can have a Scooby Snack now? :)

Glad you got it sorted.

FYI, the TVDB only returns the correct TV show when you have it called 'Scooby-Doo' (with a hyphen) otherwise it returns no results.

I didn't use the hyphen as that is only used for the series name?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom