Problems making a Pandora's Battery

atothej

Hi All - I am trying to downgrade my brother's slim PSP using the Pandora's Battery method, but am not getting anyewhere!

I have a fat PSP with 3.71M33 custome firmware. I have purchased a new battery to turn into a pandora's battery. Hopefully I will then be able to downgrade my friends and nephews psp's...

I've been following the tutorial here - which uses an easy installer (basically it does all the cmd and file moving for you).

Everything works OK until I try and run the Pandora's Battery program from the PSP (I can't remember what it's exactly called). The start-up screen comes on, but then it goes black for a moment or two then an error message comes up:

"The game could not be started (80020148)"

I have tried this a few times with the same error message, then tried the original way by opening up the command menu, and moving the relevant files myself, but got the same results.

Anyway, I've googled the error code and it's come up with a couple of suggestions, but none of these methods worked either.

I'm at my wits ends at the moment, so any advice would be appreciated - this method is meant to be able to unbrick any psp, but I fear that it is going to be the sole reason of mine bricking - mainly because I'll be hoisting it out of the window!!!

Cheers - Andy

Scotty

A couple of things to try
Set umd iso mode to normal and insert a game disc
Check and try a different kernel mode from the recovery menu 1.50 or 3.71
From what I remember Pandora Battery creator requires firmware version1.5 to work, all CFW up to 3.71 where built on 1.5 so had the ability to run all homebrew. From 3.71 onwards Dark Alex remove this to save space, if you’ve not installed it already it can be found here http://www.dark-alex.org/index.php?Dark_Alex=m33

atothej

Thanks very much for your advice Scotty - in the end I managed to do it by the UPMS installer - it was basically a cso file that you copy into the iso folder on the psp. You then run it as you would a normal game off the stick, and it does everythingfor you - very nifty!

I think I was having issues as well because I bought a cheap battery from ebay (£5) so I had to sacrifice my sony battery as a pandora.

Scotty

I think I was having issues as well because I bought a cheap battery from ebay (£5) so I had to sacrifice my sony battery as a pandora.

Yes some cheap batteries don’t have the chip in that allows the creation of a Pandora

BTW Its not a sacrifice, you can convert it back, simply boot from the power supply without a battery then install the Pandora battery and run the Pandora creator again but this time select the option to return it to normal or restore the backup if you created one

Mark0409mr01

Hi

I foolishly updated my 'phat' PSP1000 to the official 3.80 firmware and am wanting to put a custom firmware on my PSP instead now :oops:

What will i need to purchase to acomplish this? i am thinking of a spare SONY PSP battery and from reading the post above an official SONY one to make a 'Pandora's battery' ? how much am i looking @ for a new battery and can anybody suggest the best place for one?

Thanks

Scotty

Hi

I foolishly updated my 'phat' PSP1000 to the official 3.80 firmware and am wanting to put a custom firmware on my PSP instead now :oops:

What will i need to purchase to acomplish this? i am thinking of a spare SONY PSP battery and from reading the post above an official SONY one to make a 'Pandora's battery' ? how much am i looking @ for a new battery and can anybody suggest the best place for one?

Thanks

this should help http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6081851&postcount=6

try Amazon for a battery

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom