Problems logging into youtube with Windows laptop

TechiMan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone know why I am unable to log into my youtube account using my Windows laptops though I am able to log in using an android tablet?. The laptops I have run on Vista and Windows 8.1. When I try to log in a security message appears and asks to send an email to verify it, when I do it then keeps asking me to verify security information.

I am not sure why this is but I think it wants to you verify that it is you every time you log in from a new device.

It does appear to be that's what it's doing, why I don't know. When I do the security thing it just keeps on repeating the same verification and asks to provide info like family pet name which I never even entered in the first place. I have used several tablets and I have had no issues logging into my youtube account on them, only a Windows PC or laptop I have. I think it's either the account has been hacked and is preventing me from logging on, or it's something to do with Windows security. I think youtube is linked into Google play or something now which I don't think it was when I originally created my youtube account many years ago. I did see an old comment on a video I made years ago and it was under a different username than the one I had, which means someone's gained access to my account somehow.

I think the problem is related to the device, but more to the browser you are using. You've not said which browser on the laptop it is you are using to log on.

If you are using (for example) internet explorer, which has now been deprecated, you will not be able to log into many sites. This happens because the site has been set up so that if it detects a security risk, such as an out of date browser, it will deny you access because of this.

Most sites (like reddit for example) will actually tell you 'access denied due to non supported browser' while some will stupidly ask you for security verification (bad coding), they detect the violation, but don't handle it properly i.e. security request via email which sends you in a loop.

This can also (but less frequently) happen with your OS i.e. they detect Vista (quite rightly) as a non supported out of date operating system and handle the request as described above.

Firstly I would suggest you update your OS. Running Windows Vista (when even Windows7 a younger OS is not longer supported) is not a prudent thing to do. If you can't do that, you could try using a Chrome browser, which is at least supported, but there is still no guarantee that this will work given your OS is still deprecated.

Hope this helps.

90% of the time I use Tor browser (encryption) so I don't use the likes of Internet explorer and Google Chrome. Even when I have used IE it does the same. I'm aware Vista is outdated, but even when using Windows 8.1 on my Toshiba laptop I still have problems logging into my youtube account. Using a tablet I use the operating system that comes with it.

I think the problem is related to the device, but more to the browser you are using. You've not said which browser on the laptop it is you are using to log on.

If you are using (for example) internet explorer, which has now been deprecated, you will not be able to log into many sites. This happens because the site has been set up so that if it detects a security risk, such as an out of date browser, it will deny you access because of this.

Most sites (like reddit for example) will actually tell you 'access denied due to non supported browser' while some will stupidly ask you for security verification (bad coding), they detect the violation, but don't handle it properly i.e. security request via email which sends you in a loop.

This can also (but less frequently) happen with your OS i.e. they detect Vista (quite rightly) as a non supported out of date operating system and handle the request as described above.

Firstly I would suggest you update your OS. Running Windows Vista (when even Windows7 a younger OS is not longer supported) is not a prudent thing to do. If you can't do that, you could try using a Chrome browser, which is at least supported, but there is still no guarantee that this will work given your OS is still deprecated.

Hope this helps.

I downloaded Opera browser and logging into my youtube account works with that, so must be an issue with Internet Explorer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom