Problems installing windows 98?

D

danny-p

Hi,
Ive just wiped my p3 700mhz pc hardrive and started a new.
I put the startup floppy in and wiped all partitions, then re-created one as a primary only then i formatted my 80gig hdd which has all gone smoothly.
But now after all hdd is re formatted i'm left with an A:\> prompt.
Whenever i change it to d: and type "install" or "setup" with the win98 set up cdrom in my drive the following message keeps coming up and i,m totally stuck?
"not ready reading drive E
abort retry or fail?

Any ideas as what i need to do to re-install my windows 98 as i'm totally stuck?

Many thanks

Danny-p

hi
C: should be your harddrive A: floppy and you should get the letter of your CDROM as you boot from your floppy. Its been a while since i installed win98 but i think its E: make sure the driver for your CDROM is loading from the floppy.

so if your CDROM is on drive E: change to that drive and try and install/setup or type dir to see a list of files on CD.

Originally posted by pack man
hi
C: should be your harddrive A: floppy and you should get the letter of your CDROM as you boot from your floppy. Its been a while since i installed win98 but i think its E: make sure the driver for your CDROM is loading from the floppy.

so if your CDROM is on drive E: change to that drive and try and install/setup or type dir to see a list of files on CD.

Thanks for your reply....
I tried E: a few times and it was actuall F: somehow, so all is running ok now.
Thanks anyway.

Danny-p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom