Problems installing Bootcamp, please help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 585609
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 585609

I am trying to install Windows 8 via boot camp

I have followed all instructions, partitioned the drive using bootcamp assistant, downloaded the apple support files and made the live USB ready

But whenever bootcamp finishes it reboots to "no bootable device" message

If I reboot holding alt I can load up OS X, and then it resets to OS X to default on any more restarts.

I just cant seem to install windows 8!

I am running a late 2012 mac mini i7 2.3Ghz, with 1TB fusion drive.
I have the latest version of Bootcamp installed. And on OS X 10.8.5.

Can someone please help!

I am using a 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive, but doesn't seem to recognise it when boot camp reboots my mac ...

Not an expert on Macs, but here I go.... Are you installing it with a CD or USB?

I know sometime depending on firmware and the updates, you may have to use an older USB to install software (USB created after the Mac may not have correct or full support).

If you are using a CD are you using the built in CD drive? As I know sometimes using external does cause problems?

As said, not an expert just been thrown in the deep end a few times,

Hope this helps,

Andy

Not an expert on Macs, but here I go.... Are you installing it with a CD or USB?

I know sometime depending on firmware and the updates, you may have to use an older USB to install software (USB created after the Mac may not have correct or full support).

If you are using a CD are you using the built in CD drive? As I know sometimes using external does cause problems?

As said, not an expert just been thrown in the deep end a few times,

Hope this helps,

Andy

Hi

Using a USB, as the latest model mini doesn't have a disc drive built in

I will try an older USB in a min

Thanks for you help :)

USB 2 speeds are SOOO slow! Once you go USB 3 you never go back! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back