Problems in downloading from Sony HC40E camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by PuneetPancholy, Mar 18, 2005.

1. PuneetPancholy

PuneetPancholy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a Sony HC40E handycam recently. When I try to download the captured data on the hard disk of my PC/laptop, using the software provided with the camera, the original sound is replaced by music. No matter what I do, I am unable to download the file with original sound.
    Is there any way to ensure that I get original sound (i.e. the one recorded while shooting)?

2. paragsatyal

paragsatyal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    u must be using a software called 'picture package' which came with the camcoder and must be trying to stream using USB.
    that software doesn't let you stream raw footage into computer, it only lets u create "music videos" with wizards.
    i suggest you don't use that software. use a firewire cable to connect your camcorder (via DV port, also called iLink by Sony) to your firewire card (if you have one, if you don't, buy one). then use a software such as windows movie maker (for windows) or iMovie (for mac) to capture and edit video. if you want better softwares i suggest you to pinnecle studio or vegas 5.

3. PuneetPancholy

PuneetPancholy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion-- I will definitely give it a try