1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems in downloading from Sony HC40E camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by PuneetPancholy, Mar 18, 2005.

1. PuneetPancholy

PuneetPancholy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a Sony HC40E handycam recently. When I try to download the captured data on the hard disk of my PC/laptop, using the software provided with the camera, the original sound is replaced by music. No matter what I do, I am unable to download the file with original sound.
    Is there any way to ensure that I get original sound (i.e. the one recorded while shooting)?

2. paragsatyal

paragsatyal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    u must be using a software called 'picture package' which came with the camcoder and must be trying to stream using USB.
    that software doesn't let you stream raw footage into computer, it only lets u create "music videos" with wizards.
    i suggest you don't use that software. use a firewire cable to connect your camcorder (via DV port, also called iLink by Sony) to your firewire card (if you have one, if you don't, buy one). then use a software such as windows movie maker (for windows) or iMovie (for mac) to capture and edit video. if you want better softwares i suggest you to pinnecle studio or vegas 5.

3. PuneetPancholy

PuneetPancholy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion-- I will definitely give it a try