1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems finding good R6-3 Live games

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Mr_Belowski, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Hi peeps :)

I've been on Live for a few weeks now, and I've been loving PGR2 and all it's hastle free racing goodness.

When I first got set up, I played a lot of Rainbow 6 online and it was great. But it seems impossible to find a decent game these days. A typical evening in Rainbow goes as follows...

Select 'Quick Match', all game types. Wait a couple of minutes for the game list.
    Wait a couple more minutes for the speed info.
    Join the most promising server.
    Wait a couple of minutes.
    "server is full" or "connection failed".
    Start again.
    And again.
    And again :(

Try Optimatch. Same deal, only it takes longer to get the server list.

It usually takes me about 20 minutes just to get into a game. Even then my problems aren't over. After sweating blood to find a precious game, my reward is a load of lag and nobs shouting, or the server quits before I even get to play. I've also been kicked loads of times for absolutely no reason. I join and BAM I'm kicked :(

I don't mind leaving when asked to - last night, after 30 minutes looking for a game I finally joined a promising looking server, only to be told it was a clan match. Fair enough - disappointing but I didn't mind leaving. After another 20 minutes looking around I finally go into another game. But the host mumbled something about needing privacy and BAM kicked again :(

I used to play a lot, and was a decent enough player and always agreeable and a good sport. But I've not had a decent game for about 2 weeks despite loads of tries.

I just don't understand it - PGR2, MotoGP and Wolfy are all fine - plenty of decent servers and nob-free gaming goodness. But for some reason I have no luck at all with R6-3. And it's doing my head in. Does anyone else have this problem?

I can understand it with GR:IT cos it's an old game with mostly American players, but not R6-3. I'm about to give up on it completely, even tho it's my favorite Live game :(

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You should try joining some of the forums members games.
    But they do get full really quick.
    R6 does have the odd problem that it says the game is available but it is actually full.

3. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Thanks for the suggestion fella. I'll add a few members' tags to my friends list. I've got 3 or 4 Rainbow playing Live friends, but whenever I try to join their games I get dumped out with a "server is full" or "connection failed" message. I'll keep an eye out for you peeps and see if I have any better luck :)

4. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    What happens if you host?? does everyone get in ok??
    I know of a few people that have had problems with their routers (if your using one) and cant host, join, or some problems with voice comms

5. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After being away for a bit I think R63 is reaching maturity now. There are still plenty of games and people playing.

Video gaming has become more of a mainstream passtime but every now and again you come to realise that acceptance is built on a hardcore of ******s who stay up far too late and have very few other things going on in their lives. As Obi says, the guys on this forum are nice guys generally who play fair but play well. That's why their games are generally always packed (here's hoping halo2 stacks up 32 a side :)).

Other than that, play mission or terrorist hunt. They are generally more reliable and certainly are less laggy. Also you tend to find the hosters are less tolerant of complete knobs. :clap:

6. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I've never really tried hosting. I tried to host a mission game once, but no-one joined and I gave up after a few minutes. I'll give it a proper go and see.

I am behind a firewall / router, but don't have any problems hosting PGR2 games. I suppose the R6-3 net-code might be different tho. Maybe I should monkey around with me ports a bit. I don't think the router's got anything to do with my joining probs, as the setup is exactly the same as it was a few weeks back when everything was running lovely.

Thanks for the input guys. I get the impression that, for you folks, it's no harder to find a decent R6-3 game now than it was a few weeks ago. Is that correct? If so it suggests something isn't quite right with my network / broadband pipe.

7. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Put me on your freinds if you want to play GRIT.
    It's all I play.

Currently ranked about 300.
    SpunkyDunc

I have RS6, but the poor framerate, lack of accuracy and sluggish movement makes me really angry, as well as total lack of atmosphere, tiny maps and not knowing where you are being shot from!

Still it's funny watching in 3rd person with the last two guys left alive running round eachother in circle shooting but not hitting eachother, in fact it's not funny it just makes me realise how much more I hate it.

Dunc.

8. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Mr_Belowski
    Add me to your friends list i normally host quite a few Forums games - they do fill up quickly though. Theres a glitch on R6 where it says you can join a friend even though the server he is on is full - The Patch due very soon will sort that out and the other minor problems - glitching through plants/walls, ELO glitch, Stats server overloads and finally being able to switch the .50 sniper rifle off.
    There are other reasons why you are getting kicked - is your connection poor? Hosts will kick people with a 1 star connection as it lags up the game for everyone else, Also if you use the .50 cal sniper rifle you will get kicked.

beng
    Halo 2 wont be 32 player or higher :( As the xbox can only handle 16 player max via per to per. There was a rumour that M$ will do some sort of dedicated server that hold 32 players but i cant see that happening.

SpunkyDunc
    Wonder where you have been - still playing Grit - good game but R6 just blows it out of the water. Not sure what you are on about with the accuracy its fine for me - i get some lovely head shots :devil: . The game runs much better than Grit far less lag and only a few Glitches unlike grit which is full of them and none have been patched up - i mean they could of at least patched up the awful lighting srcew up when you go into the map and back.
    Not knowing where you've been shot from !? you're talking about Grit now are'nt you ? as all R6 maps are nice and small and you can see/ hear where the fire is coming from unlike Grit where you get shot from 2 miles away and never even see who shot you :D
    Really surprised you havent got Counterstrike ? very good game a lot of fun - not a patch on R6 but still worth a go for £20.

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I agree with captain R6 is well better than Grit in every way.
    I've given Recon & G.R.I.T away that map thing did my head in :mad:
    Also all that sneaking around made me feel like a stalker not that i know what that feels like :rolleyes: :laugh:

But each to their own & if you think GRIT is better fine mate:smashin:

10. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    are you sure about the stalker thing LFC

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :smashin: :D

11. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Thanks Cap'n and Dunc, I'll add you to my list :)

For the record my connection should be OK (1 meg Blueyonder), I never use the .50 cal, and I'm always very nice ;)

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Not really no :D

13. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Mr Belowski - add me to your friends list if you like - gamertag is Geoggy

Currently playing R63 and GRIT - both good games and i never seem to see any av forums guys on line anymore - you all deleted me or summat?!

usually play on TONY 30 UK 's server - all sound lads and a good laugh.

cheers

G

14. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Thanks for all the help fellas - I got a load of tags to add to my friends list :)

I did a bit more mucking about the other night and had better results. It seems that the best way to get a good game is to be very specific on the optimatch search screen. If you specify the type of game, the number of players, dedicated or non-dedicated etc you seem to get much better results.

So first I search for dedicated team survival servers with 3 or more players (max 16), English only, voice on. This usually gives one or two playable servers. If not, I search for non-dedicated only, with an upper player limit of 8. Bascially, if you know what type of game you want to play, you've a much better chance of finding a good server. Originally, I was leaving the search parameters very open hoping to find a good server, not caring what the game type was.

It's still not perfect but at least I can have some fun with RS3 again :)

15. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    your first port of call should be your friends list mate.

i only use optimatch if none of my friends are online.

that way you know you will be playing on a decent server with adults that dont scream - or the most annoying one lately - sing all the time.

16. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Nothing wrong with singing as long as it's L I V E R P O O L liverpool fc :laugh:

17. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeah make you right geoggy

my first port of call aswell then I use optimatch for forigen servers
    to build me stats up LOL

add me to ya friends list on nearly every night will try to get you in a game

:smashin:

18. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    changed your tag jay?

19. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yep new one at the bottom :smashin:

20. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    how did u manage that?

21. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    My old one runs out in march so i did the 2 months free trial, cancelled my old one & i'll pay the £40 in march for this one.