1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems copying to VHS - poor picture

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by tomlee, Jun 1, 2003.

1. tomlee

tomlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help a newbie!

I have recently bought a Panasonic NV-DS65B digital camcorder, which I have found very easy to use. I have easily managed to create good quality videos in AVI format. Now I want to copy films from the camera onto a VHS tape. When I play the film through a TV or video recorder the picture quality is very poor and is almost black and white. I have tried this on two sepearte TV's with the same result. I've even bought a high quality gold plated cable but that didn't help.

Please tell me how to get a good quality VHS recording from my camera, I'm getting very frustrated! Just let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for all your help!!

Tom

2. 1664

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you buy the camera in another country ? ie a country that does not use the UK tv formal called "PAL" Some other countries do use PAL but not the USA, they use "NTSC", Frances used SECAM I think, If you did buy it abroad then TUFF ! nothing you can do except maybe buy a NTSC (or what ever format) to PAL converter but I'm not sure what the quality will be like.

Barrie

3. tomlee

tomlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought it from LetsGoDigital.com in the UK. Any other ideas?

4. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Tell us how you are connecting your cam to your video/tv?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Are you using a S-video connection???
    If so use the composite one normal VCR cant use S-Video just composite.
    HOw do you connect the camera to your TV?

6. tomlee

tomlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to the help so far I have got the picture appearing correctly on my TV, I had to switch from the default AV to SVideo on the input channel, but the problem still occurs when inputting direct to the video player.

I am connecting the Camera to a video player using a cable from the SVideo connection on the camera into the scart socket on the video. My video player only has scart inputs not SVideo or composite. Is this the problem? Is there any way round this?

Tom

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Composite via scart is what you need the VCR cant cope with S-vid, that is what i thought it would be. you just need a 3 phono to scart or one of thoise little adapter like what comes with a PS2 or sell in maplin for £5 or so.