problems copying from SKy+ to DVD

Mike Whitworth

Standard Member
Hi I am trying to record onto a DVD from my Sky + box to a Panasonic DMR-EZ28EB.
Some programes / channels work fine other's such as discovery shed, sky one etc etc
I get a display on the panasonic saying No record It records the Sky guide ie blue screen with white writing OK but as soon as the programe starts the recording stops. I have tried various channels some work some dont I have tried direct record exactly the same. I have updated the software for the panasonic but ittells me I have the latest update . I have EVEN gone where very few men go and read the instruction Book !!!!!!!!!. I have emailed Sky asking them but got an automated reply saying they hoped to reply with in 5 working days ,
I origionaly thought this was a recorder problem but it is begining to seem like a sky box problem is there anyway round sky blocking the copying of programes to DVD?
Any ideas folks becuase at the moment it has me beat.
thanks in advance

Ghostleader

Alot of first run shows & all $ky movie content is flagged with Macrovision (A analogue copyright system), I had the same issues when I had my DVD recorder & original $ky digibox. Welcome to $ky!:thumbsdow

ncmoody

Are you using the copy facility or just playing the program and recording on the DVD?
I just record via the SCART and do not use the Copy facitity, however, I always go via the HD.
Ihave noticed recently that Sky 1 is putting out low res widescreen and my DVDR (with HD) records it OK but I have a problem transferring to DVD unless I set it to 'Frame Accurate'. If I do not it does not write to the DVD.

Mike Whitworth

Standard Member
I have tried both ways ie the copy facility and playing the programe and doing a direct tv recordas suggested by a sat dealer. regards Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom