Problems copying dvd's using split disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pgayler, Aug 4, 2005.

1. pgayler

pgayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using dvd-cloner II v2.50 to make backup copies of some of my dvds (for travelling purposes) , I copy to Hard Disc first then use nero Burning Rom v6.6.0.8 to write to dvd which then lets me play the dvd in any of my dvd players.
    I am getting a problem with some films that are to big to compress to one dvd and i have to use the split-disc option in dvd-cloner, this works fine to hard disc but when i use nero to write each of the discs i get a 'DVD_Video files compliance error', which i ignore and continue with the write, but the discs are then unplayable in my dvd player.

Has anyone else had this problem, or has any advice of how i can get round this.

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Use DVD Shrink to put the film onto your hard drive at an optomised level so it fits onto a 4.7 Gig disc

Regards

3. pgayler

pgayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, i have downloaded dvd dhrink, and managed to copy one of my films to my hard disc, and then used nero to write the iso off to dvd, all looks fine, i will try and play it through my dvd player tonight.
    Quick question - in the backup option what is the best option smooth, sharp etc ?

4. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To be honest I just leave shrink to it's defaults and make sure "advanced analysis" is ticked. I have not done any comparisons on the smooth or sharp etc.

If you want the best quality just back-up the movie only (re-author).
    Have a look on the web there are loads of decent guides available

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/

The above site is very good.

Regards