Problems connecting Xbox optical to Pioneer D812

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chipstix24, Aug 5, 2006.

Tags:
  1. chipstix24

chipstix24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all,

I'm having a very frustrating problem!

Am trying to connect an XBox to my Pioneer VSX-D812 receiver. I am using an optical cable. I have it connected to the XBOX (connector point built into video cable) and into "Opt 1" on the back of the Amp. Looking at the end of the optical cable it does display a red light. I think the XBox settings are OK.

All connections are clicked in and secure.

The instuctions for the receiver aren't clear. I have tried adjusting settings but nothing is coming out of the amp. Unless I have faulty optical inputs ( I hope unlikely, as they've never been used even) I suspect it must be a setting.

Shame to have my whole setup staring at me and have to play Halo 2 through the TV speaker!!!

Please help!:lease:

Thanks, Chris

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Have you tried your amp's setup menu to see if you need to allocate optical1 to a particular input? I don't know your particular amp but I have had to allocate all my inputs to the various co-ax/optical inputs. Have you cycled through all the inputs e.g. DVD, VCR1, DBS etc etc to see if the sound comes out? The amp should automatically detect the sound and display Dolby Digital 5.1 (or similar) so if that doesn't come up at all for any input, I would say you do have a problem but if light is coming out, it aint the cable.