1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems connecting video projector to PC!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by froggass, Sep 27, 2004.

1. froggass

froggass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help,

Im trying to connect up my tv out (s-video) on my Geforce 3 to a Sony Vpl-cs4 projector. I have connected it up and restarted my pc so that the tv out is activated, however, I only get a picture when the PC is starting up. When the pc loads windows the picture on the projector goes squinty and shifts like its lost its vertical hold or something. I've tried changing the refresh rates from my grafix card and the resolution, when i do this the the frequency of the picture moving increases or decreases but I still cant get it to work.

Please can you help me, its driving me mad!!!

Thanx in advance!

Martin

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums......

You should not be connecting your projector using the TV-Out on the graphics card, you should use the 15 pin Dsub connector - the same as is used for connecting a monitor to the PC.......

S.

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    That would give a better image but you still ought to be able to get an image from SVideo

4. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    couple of ideas....
    1) try updating the graphics card drivers
    2) try a program called TV Tool, its quite useful as you can select all sorts of output options for the TV Out port and might find something that works.
    3) you didnt state whether you had a monitor connected while you are doing this, leave it connected until you have it working on the projector then remove it. I occasionally have problems connecting my tv to pc so i have a mini 14in screen to just check whats going on and why it isnt working..
    Chris

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ...indeed he should, but it would be pants compared with connecting it with a VGA cable. I can understand (just....) why someone might want to connect a PC to a TV, but when you can connect it to a projector easily with a VGA cable, why bother with an Svideo feed? The Svideo output from the graphics card is interlaced and a bare step up from composite video. VGA is in effect progressive RGB and far higher quality, set the output resolution on the PC to the resolution of the projector (800x600 on the Sony Vpl-cs4 ), disconnect from the PC monitor and connect the VGA cable to the projector, turn on the projector and Bingo.... away you go.... no contest.

BTW,

... this sounds suspiciously like the projector is not getting any/sufficiently strong Vsync from the Svideo...... I wouldn't bother trying to sort it out, just see above for video nirvana !!

S.

6. Cerbera

Cerbera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could it be that the outputting resolution from the PC is too high for the projector to handle ?? Try putting the PC into VGA mode on bootup just to see if this works. If it does then you'll have to adjust the resolution on the PC before you hook it up to the Projector !