• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems connecting Technika HCHKAW08 to TV

pault2007

Prominent Member
I bought the Technika HCHKAW08 5.1 Home Theatre System from Tesco the other day but I'm having problems setting it up.

I've connected the 5 speakers to each coloured output connector on the sub-woofer according to the colour of the speaker's own connector.

I've connected a phono to 3.5mm jack cable from the left audio connector on my TV to the front left input connector on the sub-woofer and from the right audio connector on TV to front right input connector on SW.

When I put the system in surround mode, I can only hear sound from the rear speakers and sub-woofer (not the front or centre ones).

I found that the sub-woofer wouldn't go on at first, so pushed the cable into the sub-woofer further and it came on, so could I have dodgy/slightly cracked cables?

Thanks.

toeknee77

Standard Member
With regards to the Technica HCHKAW08 I too had problems. I have a Topfield freeview box 7 found the Technika was interfering with the freeview box. If I selected a button on the remote I foujnd my channels changing, EPG selected, menu selected etc, etc. Obviously both boxes worked on the same frequency.
I have posted this in case other people have the same problem. I do not know if it is just a problem with Topfield freeview boxes or possible all models if they work on the same frequency? Thankfully, TESCO refunded me no problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom