• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems connecting LG Viewty smart to wifi

PATERNOSTUS

Standard Member
Hi,
I bought my daughter a phone contract that came with an LG Viewty smart phone.
Nice phone but I can not get it to connect to my home Wifi account.

The router is a Linksys 2.4GHz 802.11g wireless router
The firmware state is Version 4.20.7
The 32 bit password is correct and has been entered on the phone by several people a lot of times.
The Wifi is working fine on all 3 Sony Ericsson mobiles in the house

The LG can connect to free Wifi in the shop

Any ideas / suggestions to help will be gratefully received.

Regards

Mark

gazza166

I recently had the same problem with my LG BL40 which would not connect despite everything else in the house working okay.

Eventually in desperation I changed my wireless security settings from WEP to WPA-P TKIP and bingo the LG connected. Had to change everything else in the house but it was worth it, although I'd love someone to tell me why the LG would not work on the WEP settings :confused:

PATERNOSTUS

Standard Member
I recently had the same problem with my LG BL40 which would not connect despite everything else in the house working okay.

Eventually in desperation I changed my wireless security settings from WEP to WPA-P TKIP and bingo the LG connected. Had to change everything else in the house but it was worth it, although I'd love someone to tell me why the LG would not work on the WEP settings :confused:

Brilliant solution.
Finally got round to trying what was suggested above.
Put the router onto WPA-P2 TKIP + AES
Success!!!!
Mine and daughters phone connected (I have a Sony C905)
Laptop connected.
Just got wife and other daughters phones to do when they get in and BINGO!!!!

Many Many Thanks Gazza166:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom