Problems cleaning the piano black surround finish

av_singh

Standard Member
Hi people. I've had my PDP507 for almost a year and have always used the supplied micro fibre cloth to clean the screen and the surrounding finish. however have recently noticed that the black surround is getting very light scratches. i dont want this to get worse so can anyone recommend an alternative product i should use? my TV gets very dusty. thanks. :thumbsup:

P

Pioneer Man

use an anti-static 'feather duster' if you just have dust.

If your using the cloth you should make sure that it is clean, even small amounts of grit or anything like that on the cloth could cause scratches.

av_singh

Standard Member
thanks mate. the cloth is normally clean, i guess that amount of dust which is on it causes the light scratches. feather duster will probs be much better. thanks for the advice

plaver

I use a very light feather duster to remove the dust and then use the following
Calotherm Microfibre Optical Lens Cleaning Cloth &

Solution 30 Lens cleaner, you can get both products from your local Opticians

To clean and polish the glass and the surround.

The above cleaning solution is very very soft

BTW I don't spray the solution straight on the screen, only on to the cloth also make sure the screen glass is cold before applying.

tvbox

is there any way to remove fingerprints and grease from the bezel? i wouldn't mess around with the screen with the polishes though, as they could remove the protective/anti glare coating.

plaver

is there any way to remove fingerprints and grease from the bezel? i wouldn't mess around with the screen with the polishes though, as they could remove the protective/anti glare coating.

I use 'Solution 30' opticians sell it and use it for cleaning glasses, it works really well. I also use to keep my iphone screen nice and clean.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom