1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems capturing with Pinnacle Studio 9

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by andloumeg, Dec 11, 2004.

1. andloumeg

andloumeg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently having some probs capturing footage from a DV camera in Pinnacle 9.
    It seems some of the footage has been filmed in 4:3, and the rest in 16:9..this jumps between the two formats throughout the tape (the wife likes playing with the menus!)
    When I capture the footage, I am prompted to capture each aspect ratio seperately, which I have done.
    Now I am trying to stick all the bits together again, Pinnacle is telling me I can't, as the aspect ratios differ between scenes.
    Is there any easy sloution to this, as I have about 6 tapes to archive, and I know I am going to have the same trouble with all of them

2. hal9001

hal9001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't you render the 16:9 into an mpeg then import it back into Pinnacle Studio. I must admit. I have quit with Studio and gone over to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio. There were too many issues with Pinnacle Studio. Stability and audio/video sinchronisation are two of the main problems I had.