Problems capturing footage from camera

B

Billywhizz

Hello all. I own a Sony dcr trv 340e which I am very pleased with. Sadly I am having trouble playing footage and capturing it on my PC. The PC is a recently purchased P4 2.4 gig so I shouldn't be having problems in that department.
I am currently using the Pixela s/ware that came with the camera. I have successfully produced a couple of films. The quality was fine considering it was only M-peg and the motion was very smooth.
Unfortunatly now the footage has become jumpy, frames are being missed. The longer I leave it on playback the more it looks like CCTV footage rather than digital!! Can anyone suggest where I should start toruble shooting as I'm finding it all a little frustrating.
I have checked all external connections and tried different tapes. I have also re-installed the Pixela program but with no improvment. Any Ideas???

MarkE19

Few things to try:

Defragment the HDD
Use a separate HDD to put your capture video on (if not already)
Reboot pc before starting capture
End ALL background programs (ie anti virus etc.)

A good program for ending all the un-needed background progs is Enditall (do a search in Google etc.)

All of the above should help.

Good luck
Mark.

B

Budgie

I had a similar problem ... it was caused by a program called Go-Back (from Roxio).

I removed it from the PC.... problem gone!

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom