Problems capturing footage from camera

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Billywhizz, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Billywhizz

Billywhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I own a Sony dcr trv 340e which I am very pleased with. Sadly I am having trouble playing footage and capturing it on my PC. The PC is a recently purchased P4 2.4 gig so I shouldn't be having problems in that department.
    I am currently using the Pixela s/ware that came with the camera. I have successfully produced a couple of films. The quality was fine considering it was only M-peg and the motion was very smooth.
    Unfortunatly now the footage has become jumpy, frames are being missed. The longer I leave it on playback the more it looks like CCTV footage rather than digital!! Can anyone suggest where I should start toruble shooting as I'm finding it all a little frustrating.
    I have checked all external connections and tried different tapes. I have also re-installed the Pixela program but with no improvment. Any Ideas???

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,442
    Few things to try:

Defragment the HDD
    Use a separate HDD to put your capture video on (if not already)
    Reboot pc before starting capture
    End ALL background programs (ie anti virus etc.)

A good program for ending all the un-needed background progs is Enditall (do a search in Google etc.)

All of the above should help.

Good luck
    Mark.

3. Budgie

Budgie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem ... it was caused by a program called Go-Back (from Roxio).

I removed it from the PC.... problem gone!

Cheers