1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems and questions with convergence!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by -=Maxed=-, Jan 12, 2004.

1. -=Maxed=-

-=Maxed=-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) How far away do i need to be to set the convergence up?

2) Do the + signs always have a blue or red blur arround the main white bit (Different from 1-9 arround the screen) ? cos mine do....

3) How often do you have to adjust the convergence? Mine keeps going slighty every day or so !

:boring:

Problem...

Ive got a slight red tint in the top right of my screen.. only during bright ish colors.. Is this a problem due to convergence ??

Im a noob to this thing so bare with me :confused:

2. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Maxed. What TV is it you have. I presume its a Tosh as most others have automatic convergence. I`ve had 2 over the past 3 years and when set right, they are a brilliant TV. It sounds like you are using the user menu convergence setup, which I never used because it just isn`t accurate. I know how to access the service menu and via this you can adjust convergence for all input and input types (ie. Pal, NTSC) and also each aspect ratio needs to be converged specifically (4:3, wide, etc). It`s also reasonably straight forward to manually and electronically focus the lens properly, which again is something not ideal straight from the factory. All these things need to be done for Rear pro. tellys to look their best. But you need to be careful around service menu`s...etc. Not for the faint hearted. If you want more advice I`ll gladly help. Also the website www.keohihdtv.com is the place to visit for more info. good luck.

3. -=Maxed=-

-=Maxed=-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well im not sure i want to mess arround with the service menu because i have a guarantee from currys !!

I have a Tosh 42PW33P i think its only sold by currys !! only about 3 weeks old

Is it worth calling them out ? The picture looks good apart from the red bit !

4. -=Maxed=-

-=Maxed=-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh so the blue blur arround my + signs in the convergence menu is down to focus?? sorry NOOB alert !!

I think ill call the bloke out for this because in not messing arround with POT's on a new tv ! :eek:

What you you think ?