Problems after upgrade of pace twin

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by brotherbear, Aug 22, 2004.

1. brotherbear

brotherbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there.

I've upgraded a pace twin to an 80GB fujitsu drive. It all seems to be working fine apart from the fact that I can't rewind any recordings I've made?

The display cycles through the rewind options (x-1, x-2, x-4, x-8, x-16, x-32, x-64) but doesn't rewind...it just freezes. The fast forward works fine though. I tried re-initializing the disk but no change. Am I now stuck with this problem?

Any tips much appreciated.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, no idea but I'm bumping this question in case somebody has the answer. :)

3. niwi

niwi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which firmware are you running? Try pulling down the current update (i.e. today!) and see if that helps. I had lock-up probs with my 60Gb Fuji until I'd upgraded from the supplied code, but that was back last year. Good luck!

4. grhys

grhys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brotherbear,
    The failing to reverse problem still crops up on my Pace Twin with original disk, and seems to be intermittent. I haven't upgraded to the very latest (August) release yet, but this is imminent, so am currently running with release as follows:
    Software: 1.7.60 May 27 2004,
    Resource: 1.1.15.
    Boot: 1.4.2 Master but 1.4.7 Slave

Can anyone help say why boot versions are different ?
    Thanks
    Gareth

5. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have upgraded my Pace twin box to the 80gb drive, and their are no problems with reverse mode. My data checks out as follows:
    Master 1:7:55 Oct 10 2003 14:05:54
    Slave 1:7:55 Oct 10 2003 14:08:33

Resource:1.1.13

Boot 1.4.2 Master 1.4.7 Slave.

When I checked for a more update software version, it said that none was available, though I do seem to be getting a better EPG

6. grhys

grhys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barry,
    If you're quick (before 9am tomorrow 26th) then you can still get the latest update v1.7.61 (dated 07/05/04 or August 13 2004) which I am now running.
    Resource also should update to v1.1.15.
    Gareth