Problems after retune

Spaced-Man

Standard Member
Hi,

When freeview decided to add Virgin1+1 they said that we needed to retune our receivers to get the channels in the correct order.

Well I did this and ever since most of the channels break up every 10 seconds or so, i think all bar Sky 3 and Sky news break up.
This has only started since the retune.

I have done a factory reset but this hasn't cured it.

Freeview have no ideas either.

Does anyone here have any ideas how to cure this?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi,

When freeview decided to add Virgin1+1 they said that we needed to retune our receivers to get the channels in the correct order.

Well I did this and ever since most of the channels break up every 10 seconds or so, i think all bar Sky 3 and Sky news break up.
This has only started since the retune.

I have done a factory reset but this hasn't cured it.

Freeview have no ideas either.

Does anyone here have any ideas how to cure this?
It's likely the current high air pressure. High air pressure causes TV signals to travel further so a distant transmitter using the same uhf channels as your local transmitter comes into range and interferes with your picture

Spaced-Man

Standard Member
It's likely the current high air pressure. High air pressure causes TV signals to travel further so a distant transmitter using the same uhf channels as your local transmitter comes into range and interferes with your picture
That was my first thoughts but then when we started getting problems with some of the Philips IDTVs at work displaying some channels in a 6X6 Inch square picture instead of full screen i started thinking it may be a software problem as it turned out it was with the IDTVs, philips wrote a software patch and that cured it.
I've been onto the manufacturer of my PVR (Goodmans) but had no reply as yet.
I've also been onto the DTG but they don't seem to want to reply either.

My Humax 9200T seems fine.

All our channels come from Crystal Palace so i'm not sure which distant one would be interfering, possibly the one that covers the Meridian region?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
That was my first thoughts but then when we started getting problems with some of the Philips IDTVs at work displaying some channels in a 6X6 Inch square picture instead of full screen i started thinking it may be a software problem as it turned out it was with the IDTVs, philips wrote a software patch and that cured it.
I've been onto the manufacturer of my PVR (Goodmans) but had no reply as yet.
I've also been onto the DTG but they don't seem to want to reply either.

My Humax 9200T seems fine.

All our channels come from Crystal Palace so i'm not sure which distant one would be interfering, possibly the one that covers the Meridian region?
If your Humax 9200 is OK then this is not the cause of your problem. At the moment a couple of my mux from Sutton Coldfield are badly affected. The transmitter causing the problem could be as far away as 500mls.

This thread has more info

When will they fix freeview so it works on hot sunny days? - Freeview - Digital Spy Forums

radioredcat

Novice Member

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom