• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

problemopening outlook

mwallan

suddenly yesterday I could not open outlok ( i have office 2007) its up to date with patches etc and will open on other accounts on the same machine.

I have tried holding down ctrl key and opening outlok so it will open in safe mode but still get the same msg

"cannot start MS outlook. Cannot open the outlook window"

when i go into event viewer i see this

The store C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst is being reconciled with the indexer for the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.

now if i try to rename that file or move it I still get the same msg??

Any ideas what could be wrong and like i said this only effects me and not other users on the same PC .

The Calendar Subscriptions should be arsenal fixtures i believe

mwallan

I have now uninstalled outlook and was able to recover it, then i set up my gmail account fine then my hotmail and again I get the same error msg.

I have tried to uninstall outlook and reinstall so i can get it working agin but now I cant as i get the same error

Where in the reg would look for enteries to del so i can do a clean install or do you have any other ideas

grey fox

I have now uninstalled outlook and was able to recover it, then i set up my gmail account fine then my hotmail and again I get the same error msg.

I have tried to uninstall outlook and reinstall so i can get it working agin but now I cant as i get the same error

Where in the reg would look for enteries to del so i can do a clean install or do you have any other ideas

Hi Mate

If I got this right your Outlook is messing up when you add your Hotmail account to it. I recently got an email from MS about changes to the way that Hotmail will be interacting with different versions of Outlook and I am wondering if this is what is affecting you.

For Outlook 2007 you need to download a bit of software from MS called Microsoft Office Outlook Connector - link.

Why not give this a go and see if it sorts it out. Hope this helps.

mwallan

thanks fox had tried that already had the same email.... dont really know why its happening maybe a bug with windows 7 ?????

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom