Problem

The Bostons are the better speakers from those 2 but are not going to be as good as the vectors. Have you looked at the Monitor Audio Radius HD range?
I seem to remember you are getting a reasonable reciever which will deserve better speakers than the ones you mention. My brother in law has the Bostons and although they sound OK I feel they do hold back his Onkyo 609.

Can you recommend better spkers to me please. If the bostons are ok, anything better, but i want teh speakers small.

Anything the size of the Boston Acoustic XS's will always be held back by the sheer size of them.

Could you not look at something like a 2nd hand set of B&W M1's? These are really small and will sound much better than the XS's. If you still can't fit the M1's in then I'm afraid the XS's are your best option although as PSM1 has said a step back from the Vectors.

What is your max budget?
Smaller speakers that are better (but more expensive) include Monitor Audio Radius HD range, Monitor Audio Apex range, Monitor Audio Shadow range and B&W M1s. For all these I would not get the matching sub but instead get a BK Electronics sub. As it will save you some money for no loss in performance.

My max budget is 350. The monitor audio are expensive and the shadow, apex and radius had are too big for my room,mi want small spires which I will put 3 around the plasma and 2 near my ears next to my sofa right and left. For my price bracket can you recommend spores better than the bostons in terms of quality but that size and in my price bracket.

Moneysaver217 said:
For my price bracket can you recommend spores better than the bostons in terms of quality but that size and in my price bracket.

No because I genuinely don't think there's anything that meets all your criteria! If you've got a 65" plasma surely you can fit pretty decent sized speakers next to that.

If not just face facts and get the Boston's as you simply don't have the space/budget for anything better!

You also do not want the rears right next to your ears either. You need to give the rear speaker space to give a diffused sound. Having them right next to you will make the sound too directional and not a good surround effect.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom