1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with XBOX+HS50 in 480P/720P

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I purchased this: http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/produc...-xbox&osCsid=b52d05c21e9995047a71413584d8277b HiDef "box" so that i could play my compatible games in 480P & 720P but it seems all progressive games have what i can only describe as a very noticable shadow around everything. Am i doing something wrong? Coz if i turn all the HiDef settings off the shadow lines disappear. One thing to note is one of the games i have which is "HD" is a PAL version of xmen legends, i thought only NTSC games could be played in HD?? Weird.

Can anyone help :lease: ? Thanks.

2. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

I am guessing that the gadget you have bought might be similar to one that others tried on this forum and found to be poor when it came to outputting hidef signals.
    I bought a official Microsoft Hidef kit from Lik Sang as this was regarded by most as the best way to get top quality pictures.

If I remember correctly , the Microsoft kit that I bought cost around £18 so maybe it is a case of you have to pay a bit more to get the quality pics?.

Hopefully someone else can come along and give you more detailed info but I thought I would offer my thoughts.

Drphibes

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Drphibes, Cheers for the reply. Could you tell me where you got the MS HD adapter for £18, coz i'm sure everywhere i've tried it's substantially more.

Cheers again,

4. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

I have just checked Lik Sang and they are advertised at the price of $29.90 + p+p.
    Not sure what that equates to with current exchange rates.
    The postage is reasonable if you choose the cheapest option , the cheap option takes upto 2 weeks to arrive if I remember correctly and is also supposed to be the best way to avoid and possible customs fee's.

The link below should get you to the Hidef kit

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742&

Drphibes

5. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers m8, i'll get that ordered!

6. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    No Problem.

The Microsoft kit is grerat on my Sharp Aquos and I have not seen anyone else on these forums have anything negative to say about it.
    If you do want reassuring , then im sure you might some remarks from users on this forum if you do a quick search.

Good luck

Drphibes