Problem with wireless network adaptor

phil5743

I've suddenly developed a problem where my wireless network adaptor stops being recognised as being connected (no light illuminated also) - however if I disconnect it from the rear USB port and plug it in one of the front ports it then connects with no problem. This is intermittent at the moment. Anyone have any idea if this is a known issue?

C

chamms

Hi, I had the same problem a while ago with mine and eventually it stopped working all together.. Get on the phone to MS and they will send you out a new one...

dsanders_sco

When you say exchanged, do you mean the 360 or the wireless adapter?

I'm having the same problem, but my problem seems to be cured by plugging the USB cable connecting the HDDVD drive into the front of the xbox. I remember when I plugged the HDDVD drive in first I had problems connecting it with the back - after setup the back port was fine, but not during setup for some reason.

Interested to know how you resolve this one.

Cheers

David

C

chamms

Hi David sorry for not being clearer.. MS sent me out a new Wireless Adaptor. Try plugging the adaptor it into a PC/laptop usb port, XP or Vista should pick it up if its working ok. I think the problem with mine was the pins on the adaptor were not making good contact with the port on the xbox hence it was intermittent to start with and just got worse.
Hope this helps.

Dr MJ Chamone :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom