Problem with wireless adapter

The Hotspur

Novice Member
I used to have my 360 connected wirelessly using the 360 adapter with no problems. more recently i was using a wired connection. i have now gone back to using the wireless but the 360 cannot detect the wireless network. it's in the same place as before, same router, same everything. i've looked at the router settings, SSID is broadcast, don't know what else to try.
HELP :lease:

UnGreat

What colour is the light on the adapter?

Have you changed ANYTHING recently on your network?

I ask this because I was getting a red light on my wireless until I realised I had swapped out a faulty router so had to input a new WEP key. :rolleyes:

Microsoft help page for wireless adapter.

The Hotspur

Novice Member
the light is red. when i used it before, all i did was plug and play. i've not changed any settings that i am aware of. when i go to the system blade and look at network settings, right at the bottom there is a small button lit red that says 'link', and one next to it that is not lit that says 'act'. it looks like i need to link the console to the network. how do i do that?

The Hotspur

Novice Member
i've tried it in all 3 ports now and the light remains red. the test fails on the wireless network part, saying 'not connected'. it does say usb adapter connected though so it is obviously detecting that. the problem seems to lie with the console not detecting the network.
ive also restored the factory settings on the router just in case i had altered anything since i l was last connected wirelessly.
i'm gonna have to resort to trailing a cable from the upstairs window through the patio doors as a temporary measure, far from satisfactory.
any other ideas? :lease:

UnGreat

I'd start from the beginning like your first setting up the wireless adaptor.

Re-enter your network settings and WEP key on the 360.

I can't remember exactly how to do this but i'm sure there will be instructions somewhere.

Also shadowmanuk has a really useful website in his public profile for these kind of problems. I'd give you the direct link but I don't know if AVforums would want me linking to a rival site, so you'll have to use the search function.

The Hotspur

Novice Member
thanks mate. go it sorted now. had to go back and start from scratch. that site from shadowmanuk is useful.
thanks again. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom