• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem with Windows update

SOUNDSTYLE

Established Member
Hi
Was using 'disc cleanup' to clean up junk and any 'windows updates' not needed but it got stuck half way through so I pressed cancel.

It then went into: 'Configuring - do not turn off your computer'.

It was stuck on that for 30 mins and only way I could stop it was to press and hold the power button - not something I wanted to do!

I restarted and it started alright, but when I went to check for 'windows updates' a red error message came up, so I used the 'windows update troubleshooting' program which worked.

I then ran sfc /scannow and errors were found which could not be fixed.

My laptop seems to be working alright but I'm just wondering what the errors were and if they will cause any problems in the future?

I have the CBS log file and tried to upload it, but it was too big.

sparky10

Prominent Member
Hi, would appear to be okay, but just to be on the safe side why not run 'check disk' for errors. Sure you know where to find it, but just in case click 'my computer' then right click on the c:\ drive, go down to 'proporites, select 'tools' and then select 'check disk for errors'. Restart your system and let Windows check and correct any system/files errors.

SOUNDSTYLE

Established Member
Check disc for errors: No errors were found.

sparky10

Prominent Member
Would appear to be okay, I take it that all of your programs are running well. I guess if not could try a system restore, but if everything seems to be functioning alright, then do nothing?

SOUNDSTYLE

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking - everything seems to be working normally so I'm going to leave it as it is.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom