Problem with Wharfedale DV832BN

itm

I've been using this Wharfedale Freeview box for a few years with my Tivo but now it's not transmitting a signal from either of its two SCART sockets. I don't have a manual for it, but was wondering whether there was any hard reset that I could try before consigning it to the dustbin?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I've been using this Wharfedale Freeview box for a few years with my Tivo but now it's not transmitting a signal from either of its two SCART sockets. I don't have a manual for it, but was wondering whether there was any hard reset that I could try before consigning it to the dustbin?

You haven't stated if you've ruled out an incorrect setting or faulty scart lead by connecting it directly to a Tv and seeing if it's outputting a signal?

itm

You haven't stated if you've ruled out an incorrect setting or faulty scart lead by connecting it directly to a Tv and seeing if it's outputting a signal?

I've tried connecting directly to the TV, and have also just swapped the SCART cable for a different one. Still no signal.

???

shogun

Has your freeview box got a composite video (yellow) connection ?

If so you could try connecting this to your tv instead of over scart, just to check that you got a video signal from your freeview box.

I am assuming you still got the tv broadcast RF aerial plugged into the back of the box.

itm

No, just two SCART sockets, both of which I have tried. The aerial is still plugged into the box. I also get no display if I select Menu on the remote, which should display something regardless of whether there's a TV signal.

Jackowako1996

Standard Member
When I hold down the power up and down buttons my Freeview box I'm getting a error code of 88:8 with my Wharfedale DV832BN. Is this your same problem.? If so how do I fix, I think it's something up with the boxes firmware no being downloaded it always had a update and I never updated it or it just fecking failed to download. I can't remember what I/it did!!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom