Problem with washing machine?

$lim$hady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
:hiya:

My new washing machine has been giving me a problem since I first had it and I have had 4 visits from Hotpoint saying “no fault, it's normal or try changing powder/tablets” I wanted to check with you guys if there are talking some sense or crap?
The problem is when the wash is finished there is heaps of soap around the door and obviously on cloths near the door.

Any of you get this?

What temp are you doing your washes on?

I much prefer the liquid capsules, they dissolve much better and it's almost impossible for them to leave a residue. In my opinion they are more effective than powders anyway.

They are definately worth a try.:clap::clap:

What temp are you doing your washes on?

We use programes which use 40deg.

7841002 said:
much prefer the liquid capsules, they dissolve much better and it's almost impossible for them to leave a residue. In my opinion they are more effective than powders anyway.

we use tablets, would changing this help? i thought it may be the washing machine?

Ihave to agree with logo i only use liquid cleaner and have never had any residue, maybe try switching to them. Personally i wouldn't think it was a problem with the washing machine, as it is doing the job heating the water to 40degrees and doing the cycle you tell it to, so the machine is working well within the what manufactures describe as "working parameter".

So i would agree with the engineers no faults found. I'd try the liquid capsules and see how you get on. Hope this helps abit

we use tablets, would changing this help? i thought it may be the washing machine?

It may be that the tablet doesn't get time to disolve completely during the wash cycle and keeps on foaming the whole time.
It's worth trying liquid tablets or using detergent in the tray to see if you still get the problem; if not then the engineer was right.

Are you using 2 tablets per wash?

Try reducing to one and see what happens

sounds as though it is not pumping away properly , possibly , are you sure you are not using too much powder ??? :)

Are you overloading the machine?

Check the maximum weight of clothes that can be washed.

Ian

Hi

we had an engineer out recently and he said you should only ever use 1 tablet/capsule for a wash load (i always used to put in 2 :rolleyes:)
He also said to run it on a hot wash every now and then completely empty, just to kind of rinse/flush the system out

Regards

JJ

Yes, running a service wash (a hot wash: 90-95 degree cottons) with (ideally) biological washing powder every 5-6 weeks is all the maintenance a decent washing machine should require. You can run it empty or with some towels or anything that can take that temperature.

A 30 degree wash doesn't dissolve body fat very well, so you may get little black spots on your clothing or floating around the door seal as a result. A service wash should get rid of this.

WM manufacturers don't like those liquid pouches very much. They don't always dissolve very well and often leave a sludgy residue. Same with tablets - Ariel is probably the best.

Liquid detergent is best for delicates as it's not abrasive and unlikely to contain a bleaching agent. Powder is probably best for general use; go with the recommended amount on the packet. It'll contain an anti-foaming agent so don't under-dose or you'll find it foaming up on you.

Hotpoint - I wont be buying one of their products again, we had a Fridge Freezer go belly up with in a year, which they "FIXED" and it did the same again. This was eventually sorted by getting the retailer to replace it, but wasn't easy and trading standards had to get involved.

We also have a Hotpoint Washer/Dryer and I am not convinced of its quality/last-ability and its not the best at washing clothes as it leaves traces of powder and stains. I just can not be bothered to sort it out now.

“no fault, it's normal or try changing powder/tablets”

Thats like saying its not your car having a problem, try a different fuel. Unless you are using some kind of super cheap/rubbish soap, I would not accept this.

As long as you think you are doing everything right, i.e. not over loading the machine, putting in too much soap etc, then go back to the retailer and state its not "fit for purpose"... blah blah...

Thanks all,

I will try things suggested here, i actually crushed the tablet and noticed the different, so i think its the stuff i am using rather then the washing machine.. (good to know)... I hope.

Thanks all!

need help here, washed in new hotpoint washer today, put one tablet in each section, problem is when machine was running i didnt see any soap at all, hardly could see any at all, with my old hotpoint it was full of white soap while running. any help please?

Unless I am very much mistaken, tablets or capsules are not supposed to be put into the drawer compartments. They are designed to go into the drum with the clothes.

In the drawer they would be very unlikely to disolve.

Using Tablets or capsules does of course mean that doing a pre-wash cycle is next to impossible, but these days is not likely to be needed. There aren't that many coal miners still working.:rotfl::rotfl:

need help here, washed in new hotpoint washer today, put one tablet in each section, problem is when machine was running i didnt see any soap at all, hardly could see any at all, with my old hotpoint it was full of white soap while running. any help please?

Modern soaps are not very suddsy in a modern machine, if the tablets are gone from the drawer and not rattling around in the drum you should be OK :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom