Problem with VCR Scart on New sky+ Box

dancuprar

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got sky + fitted a couple of weeks back. Set it all up and it worked fine (apart from live pause but thats another story), i came to copy some programs to DVD last night but i could only get sound and a black screen, when i played the picture through my DVD recorder. :thumbsdow

I had a check around and all seemed ok, so i thought of a way of proving it wasnt my DVD rec or leads, i unplugged the scart going from my SKY VCR out to the AV2 on the DVD Recorder, and plugged it into the TV out on the sky box, hey presto a perfect picture.

This leads me to belive it must be the VCR out plug on the SKY+ box with the problem.

Can any body think of anything that i could be missing. :lease:

Thanks for your help

Dan

dancuprar said:
I got sky + fitted a couple of weeks back. Set it all up and it worked fine (apart from live pause but thats another story), i came to copy some programs to DVD last night but i could only get sound and a black screen, when i played the picture through my DVD recorder. :thumbsdow

I had a check around and all seemed ok, so i thought of a way of proving it wasnt my DVD rec or leads, i unplugged the scart going from my SKY VCR out to the AV2 on the DVD Recorder, and plugged it into the TV out on the sky box, hey presto a perfect picture.

This leads me to belive it must be the VCR out plug on the SKY+ box with the problem.

Can any body think of anything that i could be missing. :lease:

Thanks for your help

Dan

Bear in mind the VCR scart output on Sky is composite, the TV out is switchable in the setup menu to composite or RGB.
The AV in on your DVDR is probably set to expect RGB.......hence no picture.

thanks very much, i am at work at the minute so cant try it but that does sound like it could be the answer. Never thought of that one al let know when i have tried it.

Dan

May sound silley but do you press the red button on your sky + planner?

If you want to record any thing from your sky+ to your VCR/DVD-R you have to highlight the recorded items and press red (copy) and then press select to start the recordings.

This is to stop copy right thingeys. You cant just press play on the remote and record on your vcr.

Thanks

Captain out

just the job, as suggested my DVD was set up for RGB, once switched to RGB/Video it worked perfect.

Thanks for your help

Dan

dancuprar said:
just the job, as suggested my DVD was set up for RGB, once switched to RGB/Video it worked perfect.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Glad to hear it's sorted :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom