Problem With TV

RevanClaw

Hey,

My TV has a very annoying problem!

When watching some programmes, there is a shade which the TV gets annoyed with and starts showing a kind of purple pixelisation on the screen.

When I change my TV settings, change to vivid, cinema, etc. the shade at which this pixelisation changes...but never fully goes away.:(

Anyone know what this problem is or how to solve it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:clap:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Crt, Lcd, Plasma, Projection...which is it?
The make and model no would also help us to help you...and whatever type it is post the query in the correct forum.

RevanClaw

Crt, Lcd, Plasma, Projection...which is it?
The make and model no would also help us to help you...and whatever type it is post the query in the correct forum.

It's Polaroid FLU-2632 an LCT tv.

I really don't know much about TVs so any help would be greatly appreciated:clap:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
LCD TVs have CCFL tubes called backlights running the width of the panel (screen), these are like miniature flourescent tubes and illuminate the screen, if there's an area of brightness or colour intensity change on the screen this usually indicates an ageing/failing backlight.
In some of the more expensive/higher end makes of LCD Tv the backlight tubes can be individually replaced and on others they are fixed/part of the LCD panel and the whole panel needs to be replaced...Polaroid sets are at the lower end of the market and probably belong in the latter camp and would be uneconomical to repair.

RevanClaw

Thanks! Or not so much! But great information!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom